a motorcycle journey 2up


Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Kansas to South Dakota

Day 2:
Total Miles Today: 502
Trip Total: 1,026

Got an early start. Made coffee and on the road by 7am. Guess what we found.



I wouldn't exactly call it a "ball" as the bottom is obviously flat. Its more like a blob. I guess that if it was truly a ball someone would have already rolled it out into oncoming traffic.



Chased down then skirted a few thundershowers, turned North and found Nebraska.



These were indeed the cool kids at your table.



Break time...



Here is what Nebraska is like, I was surprised really.



And into South Dakota



Where we took our first non-paved road of the trip.



The road started off nice a gravel-ly then got sandy. Had a pretty good tank slapper, and thought for sure we were going down, but didn't, and it turned out to be a nice back way into Badlands National Park.





Check your shoes and helmet for snakes in the morning!

Good night.

jordan

1 comment:

  1. I am following you both thru your journey! I am a friend of your mom's from Slaughter. I think it is so awesome to be on the open road. My hubby rides a Harley and I LOVE to be on it with him. We hope when the kids are grown we will be able to do this too. Thanks for sharing all the pics. I look forward to reading your journey!

    Janeen

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Explorations by motorbike...

Bowser

Bowser